- When you are prepared to lose everything,
you will not be afraid to lose anything;
very often, you will lose minimal thing,
quite often, you will lose nothing.
- I can only succeed if the people I bring with me do
well or succeed.
- I never train my people as followers; I train them to
be my successors.
- Fairness is not a design principle of our
creator(s)... That's life.
- Permanent head damage is not the result of a PhD but
the cause of.
- Writing up the doctoral thesis is like running the
last part of SOC (Standard Obstacle Course) --
straightest but toughest.
- Life is not about smooth-sailing but what you do and
how you live with it when shit is thrown at you.
- Pushing the frontiers of science is like smashing your
head against a brick wall until the wall moves, or you
die of bleeding. In either sense, your head will be
permanently damaged and that is just what you will get
-- Permanent head Damage.
- Self-discipline is to choose play over work when it's
time to play, and work over play when it's time to work.