Maurice Ling's Professional Portfolio - Teaching Portfolio

                    Course Development


I am involved in developing the following modules:

CP6003 Introduction to Biochemistry

This module aims to provide students with basic understanding of human biochemistry.  The topics includes introduction to biochemistry, nucleic acids, proteins, enzymes, vitamins and trace elements, carbohydrates, lipids and energy production.  Students will be able to appreciate biochemical molecular structures and activities in the human body and how they are being regulated to function effectively.

CP6003 is a 2nd year module for Diploma in Food Science and Technology. I am tasked to develop and lecture 40% of the module whereas the other 60% will be developed and lectured by my colleague.

CP7006 Fitness and Wellness throughout the Lifespan

Examines how fitness, the inter-relationship between physical activity, exercises and sports that contributes to lifelong wellness. Introduces the various types of physical activities, exercise and sports throughout the human life cycle. This module also investigates the application of exercise science to the promotion and maintenance of health via the prevention of chronic disease and the risk factors for chronic disease.

CP7006 is a 1st year module for Diploma in Nutrition, Health, and Wellness in which I am in-charge of the full module development, including designing the module syllabus and writing the module document.

CP0617 Exercise and Fitness

Provides an introduction to the physiological principles that explain how the human body functions during exercise. Examines how the inter-relationship between physical activity, exercises and sports plays a role in maintaining fitness.

Exercise and Fitness is a 2nd semester module for 1-year Specialist Diploma in Nutrition and Health Promotion in which I am in-charge of the full module development, including designing the module syllabus and writing the module document.